If you want to know the real truth about Rick Perry's record after 11 years as Texas governor, mosey on over to Meet Rick Perry and check out where Texas stands compared to other states. Texas is:
Yeeeeee-haw. If you like Rick Perry's Texas, you're gonna love his plan for America. No wonder Texas is issuing an apology.
“number one” in…
- Percent of uninsured children (1st)
- Percent of population uninsured (1st)
- Amount of carbon dioxide emissions (1st)
- Amount of toxic chemicals released into water (1st)
- Amount of hazardous waste generated (1st)
- Number of executions (1st)“number 50” in…
- Percent of population 25 and older with a high school diploma (50th)
- Per capita spending on mental health (50th)
- Percent of non-elderly women with health insurance (50th)
- Percent of women receiving prenatal care in first trimester (50th)
- Workers’ compensation coverage (50th)
Source: Texas Legislative Study Group, Texas on the Brink 2011.