Friday, February 4, 2011

Waiting for the Fat Lady to Sing in Egypt



Tensions are still running high in Egypt on this Day of Departure for President Mubarak.So far he isn't going anywhere in spite of  the growing protests not only from Egyptians, but also from the international community. In fact the entire Middle East is on " simmer."  Meanwhile, I am glued to Al Jazeera English and the live feed they have going online.  The coverage is terrific. I stream it  on my TV with Roku, but honestly, I wish Comcast would get with the program. 

Like many Americans, I'm awed by the courage of the people in Cairo's Tahrir Square willing to die for the self determination so many of us in other countries take for granted.

This is a historical moment for the  whole world.The opera isn't over till the fat lady sings and she hasn't even opened her mouth yet.

No comments: