Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Am NOT Watching the Presidential Debate Tonight



I've had it with Presidential debates.  I am sick of the media frenzy and the parsing of every word uttered by the candidates. I am tired of the spin, the half truths and the bald faced lies (particularly the drivel  of the Fox News crowd) It seems to me that all the pundits are sitting around trying to spin flax into gold and are turning out crap instead.

 Billions are being spent on spectacle and hype, while close to one quarter of America's children live below the poverty line. Something is wrong with this picture.

I want President Obama to have four more years and I'll do my small part to help make that happen. I'll certainly cast my vote for him.But don't expect any pithy political observations or Monday morning quarterbacking from me on tonight's debate because I won't be watching.  It isn't so much the candidates themselves, but the mean spirited sensationalism of the talking heads and big time bloggers just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Tonight I'm just going to curl up with a good book.  I think I'll re-read The Hunger Games.  It seems appropriate.


2 comments:

Sherri said...

I didn't - couldn't - watch. They are both making me ill. I caught a bit of the "boxing match" on this morning's news. Khrushchev's shoe banging incident came to mind.

Unknown said...

Ahhh yes-- I remember the shoe banging too-- as I remember it was accompanied by the statement " we will bury you"-- I think those were the good old days LOL. Somehow today's name calling is even more puerile.