Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bye Bye 2012 and Happy New Year 2013

 image source


2012 was quite a year, what with the Mayan Calendar, Hurricane Sandy, the longest ever Presidential Primary season(not to mention the nastiest election ever) and I'm not even going to get into the Christmas season topper of the massacre of little children in Newtown, Connecticut.

Of course, there were some wonderful moments too, like the London Olympics, but this year, all the good things seemed accompanied by explosions of violence and suffering both at home and abroad. I'm not really into those looking back on the year that was posts, so I'll just say that the over-riding feeling of 2012  was not unbridled optimism of any kind. 

No, I won't be sorry to see the backside of 2012 disappear into the history books.  I cannot wait for 2013 to begin, because I am ever the optimist and I just know that 2013 is a blank page, just waiting for all of us to write on it.  I'm feeling like a new beginning is just what we all need so Happy New Year everybody and let's celebrate.

 I leave you with a lovely little New Year's ditty that sums it all up rather nicely-- courtesy of The Daily Monster.



 lyrics and credits

This year... has had its run.
This year... is all but done.
Can't wait to see what's 'round the bend!
So here we go! Happy New Year!

Don't fear... as it draws near.
Let's cheer... the future's here!
May jet packs fly in crystal skies
Good times for all in the New Year!

We all have made mistakes.
Next year we'll do it right.
It's clear we'll sort it out,
though perhaps not overnight.

Last year... is history.
What's next... a mystery!
'cause who can say what's yet to come?
So here we go, Happy New Year!
Here we go! Happy New Year!

Music by David Norland
http://generatorstudios.com

Lyrics and everything else by Stefan G. Bucher
http://dailymonster.com

2 comments:

Ahab said...

Happy New Year! Let's hope 2013 is a good year.

Unknown said...

I'm hopin, Abab-- Happy New Year